- Experimenting with Bandera embroidery - a locally important
and historic technique.
- Stimulating creativity and technical-manual skills among
INTENDED USERS: School students, ranging in age
from the Fifth Elementary to High School, from Chieri and from outlying districts.allievi
delle scuole del territorio di Chieri e oltre, dalla quinta elementare alle superiori.
- Visit to the Museum
- Presentation of the course to the school class by an expert
of the "Association of the Friends of Bandera Embroidery", either in the
classroom, or in rooms assigned by the Textile Foundation.
- Classroom activity over a period of two to three months.
- After about a month, the expert will return to each
classroom to check up on the work in progress, offering assistance and any further
MATERIALS: working kits pre-prepared by
the "Association of the Friends of Bandera Embroidery", both for students and
- At the end of each year, a Bandera Embroidery Show will be
set up in each school to let everybody see the work that has been prepared by the
- A questionnaire will be issued in order to evaluate the
activity in the Museum and in class.
- A final assessment will be made between teachers and the
promoters of the project.
COSTS: to be arranged between those firms
or schools interested in the project.
The "Association of the Friends of the Bandera
Embroidery" also organises various courses of embroidery for adults.
here for further information